Sponsor

Main Ad

Letter: Revolutionizing self-serving behavior isn’t integrity https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I received this from Sen. Mike Lee:

“In 2016, President Obama nominated a replacement for Justice Scalia and my Senate colleagues and I gave our advice and consent on the nominee, consistent with the Constitution, by rejecting him. This year, President Trump will nominate a replacement for Justice Ginsburg and, consistent with the Constitution, we will again give our advice and consent. If we like the nominee, we will confirm her. If we don’t, we won’t. It’s that simple.”

My response to the senator: In my 74 years I have come to understand that you can rationalize any self-serving behavior. However, you cannot rationalize integrity from it. The above canned declaration from Sen. Lee and his colleagues rationalizing the denial of a vote to half the country only illuminates what I have learned.

Don Wilhelmsen, Draper

Submit a letter to the editor



from The Salt Lake Tribune https://ift.tt/33nMazA
October 02, 2020 at 08:00AM

Post a Comment

0 Comments